- Address Multiple Philadelphia Area Locations
- How Did You Hear About Us Support Group (NA. AA, CA, other)
The Gibson Foundation is looking for a Recovery Residence Manager for both male/female residence in the Frankford neighborhood in NE Philadelphia. This position requires a detail-oriented individual with leadership skills and a passion for helping others recover from a substance use disorder. The Recovery Residence Manager is a full-time professional with the responsibility of managing and coordinating the Recovery Residence. This includes duties related to administration, housekeeping, and daily living. This position works directly with men/women in early recovery, providing structure and support to men/women seeking to establish stable long-term recovery from a substance use disorder.
The Recovery Residence Manager works with men/women seeking recovery from the time they apply for entry into the program to program completion, or transition to housing in the community. This position is responsible for all program entry and exiting procedures. The Recovery Residence Manager oversees daily operations of the Recovery Residence. This includes managing and coordinating daily housekeeping tasks, leading weekly “House Meetings,” conducting inspections, and making arrangements for random drug testing. This position is also involved in supporting residents to develop recovery plans and teaching residents’ skills needed to live in recovery. The Recovery Residence Manager works as part of a team and receives regular non-clinical supervision.
Candidates for this position must be able to maintain organized records, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and be able to interact appropriately and professionally with men/women who are working on their recovery. Candidates must also be able to effectively handle emergency/crisis situations as they arise.
- High School Diploma, GED, or willingness to obtain GED
- Must have 2 or more years of sustained recovery from a substance use disorder
- Willingness to obtain additional education including Basic First Aid, CPF, Mental Health First Aid, and drug testing procedure
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of community resources
Cover letter and resume including references should be sent to: Gibsonfoundation@msn.com